Below are a combination of either statements or questions I heard today from a prospective client. This provides some insight of what is going through a decisions makers mind as they seek new office space.
- We are looking for a space that is pretty much plug and play. Build-outs just end up costing a lot of money.
- We are not interested in a fringe location; we want to be right in the center of things.
- What similar deals have been done in the marketplace in the last 30 days?
- We realize this market is tight we have been working on one space for awhile.
- I wasn’t aware that space is coming available?
- If you could find me the perfect space coming available, I would wait 6 months on it.
- I concur that finding the space is only a small part of the equation.
- The broker I was working with never asked for an exclusive agreement but I agree that you should have one, it seems unprofessional not to.
The moral of the story is that tenants are looking for a service provider that can deliver the right space in the ideal location/building at the right price. While all the features or our services are nice, the most important factor to the client is selecting the professional whom they feel can deliver the optimum result. You can showcase your features all day long but you must tie them into how they help you deliver the desired result. If you listen carefully then think about it, the prospective client will give you the answer, then all you have to do is figure out how to get there.