What is your favorite post from this year? Read them now and weigh in on the conversation.
1. Weigh In on the CoStar Acquisition of LoopNet
No story has created more Buzz in 2011 than the announcement that CoStar Group would acquire rival service provider LoopNet in a $860M transaction.
2. Everything is Bigger in Texas
Facebook’s move to Menlo Park is a big deal but pales in comparison to Exxon-Mobil’s corporate campus near the Woodlands.
3. The Packaging of a Tenant Rep Broker
One of the talking points that tenant representation only firms like to stress is the fact that they only represent corporate occupiers and that eliminates any conflict of interest that could exist at firms who represent both Landlords and Tenants.
4. Should I Own or Lease My Office Space?
When is the right time to buy your office space instead of lease it?
5. Key Lease Terms to Consider in a Commercial Office Lease
Commercial lease agreements are one of the more complex legal documents an office tenant will have to negotiate.
6. Twitter Appears to be the Social Media of Choice for CRE Service Providers
A review of websites for the top 18 commercial real estate service providers revealed Twitter appears to be the most popular social media platform.
7. The New Office Space Paradigm
Is the traditional office becoming extinct? News-flash, the world didn’t end yesterday and traditional office space is not going away anytime soon.
8. Why Tenant’s User Brokers
As tenant representatives we spend years rehearsing and refining our talking points as to why commercial tenants should hire brokers to represent their interests in lease transactions. Today, as I was touring potential buildings and spaces with a client, I came up with a novel idea. Why not ask my client why they use brokers?
9. Top 10 Most Expensive U.S. Office Markets
A list of the ten most expensive CBD Office Markets in the U.S. at the end of the 4Q 2010.
10. Is the Suburban Corporate Office Campus Really Falling out of Favor?
Not everyone is moving downtown evidenced by a wave of high profile corporate office campus deals.