We asked our researchers to make some big predictions for 2012. In short, we’re expecting something of a mixed bag this year. Look for modest U.S. economic growth, modest office and industrial absorption and a big bump in property investment volumes.
- Quality warehouse properties will be the new investment star of the year
- U.S. GDP will grow by no more than 2%
- As U.S. ethanol subsidies expire, corn prices will drop along with overall food prices
- Residential property values will bottom out
- Investment transaction volumes will grow