All three major indexes logged a third straight week of gains. The Dow gained 1.2%, the S&P 500 rose 1% and the Nasdaq added 0.3%.
Below are links to the top economics news for the week:
- Texas Unemployment Rate Declines for Fourth Consecutive Month
- U.S. Rig Count is down 12 rigs from last week at 1,749
- Consumer sentiment declines in January
- Jobless rates down in 22 states, up in 16 in Dec
- Housing Starts increase sharply
- Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims decline to 335,000
- Philly Fed Manufacturing Survey Shows Contraction in January
- Economic Expansion Decelerates in Houston
- Economy Picking Up Across the U.S.
- Houston continues to lead nation in job growth
- CPI for all items unchanged in December, Core CPI increases 0.1%
- Real average hourly earnings rise 0.3 percent in December
- Builder Confidence Holds Steady in January
- Retail Sales increased 0.5% in December