The S&P gained 4.6% during the holiday-shortened week, while the Dow Jones industrial average climbed 3.8% and the Nasdaq was up 4.8%. It was the best week since December 2011 for all three indexes.
Below are links to the top economics news for the week:
- We Created 1.8 Million Jobs in 2012: Where Did They Come From?
- U.S. added 155,000 jobs in December
- U.S. Rig Count is down 1 rig from last week at 1,762
- Factory Orders Flat in November
- ISM Non-Manufacturing Index increases in December
- Minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee
- Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims increase to 372,000
- ADP: Private Employment increased 215,000 in December
- Home Price Recovery Accelerated In 2012 With Asking Prices Rising
- Construction Spending declined in November
- Texas Economic Indicators
- Texas Service Sector Activity Strengthens
- U.S. manufacturing rebounds in December
- Texas Manufacturing Activity: Slow Growth and Improved Outlook