The Office Market Begins its Recovery and New Trends Emerge
As 2010 comes to a close, in what was another challenging year for all of those involved in the office space market, there is a new confidence that did not exist at this time last year. While the office market’s performance in most markets nationwide including Houston was less than spectacular, it was a huge improvement over 2009. As the year progressed the market fundamentals in most major office markets around the country began to show modest signs of improvement. As we entered the “Great Recession” companies naturally began to take a close look at their corporate real estate in an effort to cut costs, and as we exited the economic downturn new trends gained traction in the area of corporate real estate and the workplace.
Here is a look back at the 2010 Office Market as covered by the Tenant Advisor:
- How Long Will the Tenant Friendly Office Market Last for Houston?
- The Houston Office Market 2010
- Are Houston Office Tenants Leaving the Burbs?
- Brookfield Closes on Heritage Plaza
- Is the Houston Office Market Improving?
- What’s Foghat Have to Do With The Office Market
- Nasa / Clear Lake Office Building Gets Lift Off
- Green Office Building Market Explodes
- Houston: A Tale of Two Office Markets
- The Market Dynamics for Large Office Space Users Could Turn Quickly
- Blockbuster Houston Office Deal
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 11/6/10
- First Industrial then Office
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 10/30/10
- “Hook-em” Facebook
- North American Office Highlights: 3Q 2010
- Betting on the Woodlands
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 10/23/10
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 10/16/10
- Emerging Trends in the Office Market
- Houston Office Market Report: 3Q 2010
- The Politics of Jobs
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 10/9/10
- The Exxon-Mobil Rumor is Back
- Optimism in the Office Market
- Demand for Office Space Slowly Returning
- Continental HQ Flys to Chicago
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 10/2/10
- Keeping Astronauts and Employees in Space
- Mafia Wars and Farmville Need a lot of Office Space
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 9/25/10
- A Long Road Back for the Office Market
- This Week in the Houston Office Market: 9/18/10
- Houston Office Cap Rates Remain Static
- When Will the Houston Office Market Rebound?
- Greed in a Soft Office Market
- Office Space Density: The New Workspace Metric
- The Problem with the Office Market
- One World Trade Center Reaches 36 Floors
- How Green is Houston’s Office Market?
- Office Space Questions in a Confusing Market
- Will Houston Office Building Sales Heat Up?
- Offshore Drilling and the Houston Office Market
- Houston Mid-Year 2010 Office Market Review
- NASA: One Big Question Mark?
- CRE and TV: The Awesome Power of a Blog
- The Slow Death of Office Space is Exaggerated
- A Big GSA Lease in Houston
- Trends in Corporate Office Leasing
- Time for Office Tenants to be Strategic
- A Murky View for the Houston Office Market
- The Decline of the Office Cubicle
- Office Vacancies Declining But….
- Medical Office-Houston
- Hines Tops Out Main Place
- Three Key Questions Persist for the Houston Office Market
- USA Top Ten Office Rents
- North American Office Highlights: 1Q 2010
- I Still Like My Big Window Office
- What Office Tenants Can Expect in Today’s Market
- BOMA Unveils New Office Measurement Standard
- HCAD tax values for Houston office buildings down 6.7% in 2009
- Brookfield Acquires Chase Bank Building in Downtown Houston
- Houston Office Sublease Market Update
- Office Markets Beginning to Show Signs of Stabilizing
- Anadarko Purchases its Woodlands Corporate Headquarters Building